We’re looking for talented people to join our team!
Check out our open positions or send your CV to the email below for future opportunities
Evogene is looking for a biologist with strong background in bioinformatics and microbial genomics for advancing the development of an innovative computational prediction platform that targets microbial product development challenges.
The work will be done as part of the MicroBoost product team in the position of a product manager.
The candidate should have extensive knowledge in functional genomics tools, databases relevant to this field and approaches for merging different data layers for obtaining biological insights.
The work will be done in close collaboration with bioinformatic, algorithm developer and system development teams as well as end users of this platform. The employee will play a central role in shaping the computational platform and adjusting it for providing computational prediction solutions addressing the main challenges of microbial product development.
- PhD in Microbiology with a strong background in bioinformatics / PhD in bioinformatics with a strong background in Microbiology / PhD in system biology with background of bacterial genomics.
- Knowledge in bacterial genomics / microbiology.
- Knowledge in bioinformatics tools and approaches for microbial genomic prediction.
- Ability to translate commercial / scientific needs to computational tool solutions.
- A team player – ability to work closely and in cooperation with different teams.
- Multitasking capabilities.
- Strong communication skills.
Evogene is looking for Head of SysOps with proven experience as a Linux System Administrator.
The candidate should be an innovator with proven strategy development and project implementation skills, and a strong leader with some experience leading a team.
The candidate will oversee developing and administrating Peta scale high throughput computing architecture, as well as managing the OPs. and I.T. teams.
- Managerial (team Leader)/ project management experience
- Very seasoned Linux operating systems architect
- Experienced in programing in Python
- Fast and flexible learner, self-learner
- Strong Troubleshooting skills
Required Academic Education:
- Preferably with a background of exact sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in the below areas:
- Administrating Git & Jenkins
- Administrating Nexus repositories
- Administrating Sun/ Solaris
- Administrating MySQL/ Oracle SQL/ NoSQL
- Administrating Peta scale Data Warehouses
- Administrating HPC
The Experimental Technologies group of Evogene is looking for an experienced Phytopathologist to operate and manage the laboratory. The candidate will assist in diverse research programs including development and performance of validation assays, including continuous improvement of the assays by acquiring new technologies. The candidate will be responsible for the performance of audits in the greenhouses for disease screens and identification, including development of new detection methods according to requirements. The position includes close interaction with multidisciplinary teams, reviewing literature and introduction of latest technologies, writing protocols, SOPs and reports.
Education and experience requirements:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in plant pathology or related disciplines.
- At least 5 years experience working within research programs.
- Hands-on laboratory experience and skills.
- Strong plant pathology background and expertise in greenhouse/growth chamber bioassay development – essential.
- Ability to design and implement new plant disease screening methods.
- Knowledge and experience in virology/insect-vector biology is an advantage.
- Ability to communicate in both, Hebrew, and English.
- Experience with supervision of assisting personnel.
- Able to multitask and follow detailed protocols.
Evogene is looking for a Genomic Product Manager to Lead the GeneRator AI multidisciplinary product team. This is a key role in managing the development of a portfolio of innovative computational and experimental tools, specifically aimed at the industrial, pharma and ag -genomic based product development. In addition, the role includes managing research activities by operating developed computational and experimental tools.
- Manage the development of computational and generic experimental end-to-end genomic based pipelines.
- Translating customers’ needs to the biological requirements into product tailored programs and constructing work plans accordingly.
- Collaborate with customers and third parties to define requirements for new products or extensions to existing products.
- Work closely with customers and field teams to validate early product definitions.
- Ph.D. in Biology/Bioinformatics/Biochemistry/Computational Biology, with a strong orientation to genetics and genomics.
- 3 years of R&D experience in either Ag and/or Human industries.
- 2-4 years of direct product management or marketing experience in the Ag and/or Human pharmaceutical, diagnostics industries; regulated product management experience is preferred.
- 2 years of experience in Genome editing and/or Synbio technologies – a must.
- Computational and experimental technological innovation orientation – a must.
- Team management experience.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and motivate others within the framework of an interdisciplinary project.
- Must have experience in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, good presentation skills.
Evogene is looking for a Laboratory Technician to join our Experimental technologies group.
The work includes multiple tasks performing in the fields of molecular biology, biochemistry, cell culture and agriculture. The candidate will assist in research processes by performing a variety of technical duties. Position includes responsibility for maintaining and using a variety of specialized equipment.
Required Academic Education:
- BSc. in Biological sciences
- Previous lab work experience in a biotech company or academy.
- Experience in basic laboratory procedures and equipment (e.g., preparation of reagents, samples handling, PCR, ELISA assays, data collection procedures).
- Experience of working in sterile conditions – advantage.
- Able to multitask and follow detailed protocols.
- Interested and eager to learn new skills and techniques.
Evogene is looking for a Project Manager to lead multi-disciplinary R&D projects that combine software (computational biology), experimental biology and chemistry. The R&D projects are performed per internal and external (e.g. subsidiaries, customers, collaborators) needs. The candidate will report to Head of Project management.
The position includes:
- Work closely with customers and Evogene multidisciplinary teams to develop project work plans including objectives, deliverables, timelines, and budget.
- Identify critical path activities and bottlenecks.
- Monitor and coordinate the progress of project activities, ensure execution according to plan (milestones objectives and budget).
- Manage and monitor project workflows and budgets.
- Mange cross-company interface with various teams, as well as external customers interface.
- Previous experience of at least 3 years in projects management in the life science industry.
- Academic qualifications –Bsc/Msc in Biology or other life science field – must.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects across multidisciplinary teams (R&D, biological and computational teams).
- Experience in overseeing the execution of project milestones. Managing the priorities and project dependencies.
- Extensive experience and comfort with Gantt charts, project management softwares and Excel.
- Experience with software research and development project management practices – big advantage.
- Financial knowledge and understanding- advantage.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies – advantage.
Evogene is looking for a bioinformatician with interest in genomics to work with a multi-disciplinary team of bioinformaticians, algorithm developers, software developers and R&D scientists. The bioinformatician will work closely with scientists to understand their analysis needs and provide the best computational biology strategies to deliver the results. The work involves developing, maintaining, and running high-throughput analysis pipelines, as well as collecting, processing, and analyzing large biological datasets.
- MSc/PhD in Biology/Bioinformatics.
- Hands-on experience with NGS data analyses.
- Hands-on experience with bioinformatics tools.
- Experience in working with Python in Linux environment.
- Knowledge of bacterial genomics – significant advantage.
- Knowledge of molecular biology assays – advantage.