Evogene’s looking for a Computational Chemistry/ Structural Biology Researcher for the Ag-Chemicals R&D Product Division, that implement target based discovery approaches for the discovery of innovative agro chemicals
The job includes:
- Leading target assessment, hit discovery, and lead optimization.
- Responsibility for formulating key scientific questions, translating them into computational approaches and implementing them through the different discovery phases
- Analyzing and presenting results (the presentation will involve internal and external collaborators from top tier companies)
Essential Job Qualifications:
- PhD degree or postdoctoral experience in structural biology, computer aided drug design, chemoinformatics or related field;
- Experience in small molecules hit-discovery and/or hit/lead optimization;
- Knowledge of the principles of protein structure, function and modeling;
- Deep understanding of the principle behind molecular recognition;
- A solid understanding of quantitative data analysis, data mining
- Experience with modeling packages (e.g. Discovery Studio, Schrödinger, RDKit, Gromacs, various docking software, etc.).
Additional Job Requirements:
- A degree in Chemistry is an advantage;
- Basic programming skills – Unix / Perl / Python / Matlab / R is an advantage
- Knowledge or familiarity in computational biology – advantage.
- Demonstrate a high level of communication and problem solving skills to address unusual situations
- Strong analytical and organizational skills (reviewing, organizing and analyzing information ; documentation; making presentations)
- Used to work independently and collaborate within multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and work effectively in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills both in in Hebrew and English
- Developing and writing clinical trial protocols (outlining the purpose and methodology of a trial).
- Monitoring trials throughout their duration in different locations; meaning, visiting trial sites periodically, on a regular basis.
- Responsibility for the production and gathering of trail data, monitoring data quality.
- Writing periodic reports (per site visit), filing and collating trial documentation and reports.
- Cataloguing and preserving samples.
- Archiving study documentation and correspondence
- Coordinating with hospitals, health clinics, ethics committee, Ministry of Health.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology (advanced degree is an advantage)
- CRA certification
- Previous experience in a similar position, preferably in hospitals.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, Hebrew and English.
- Ability to build effective relationships.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and concern for data accuracy.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Effective organizational and administrative skills.