Senior Data Scientist for the Algorithm team to work in close interaction with a multi-disciplinary team of algorithm developers, data scientists, bioinformaticians, and biology researchers. The data scientist will focus on solving key biological questions in the fields of human health and agriculture using innovative computational approaches.
Evogene is an exciting company that has being doing computational predictions and computational biology for 15 years and more. Join a friendly yet challenging professionally environment with family friendly working hours.
M.Sc./Ph.D in Computer Science / Computational Biology or similar area.
At least 4 years of experience in data science, machine learning, deep learning, algorithm development. Computational:
Strong algorithm and statistical knowledge, both theoretical and applicative with proven experience in predictive analyses using machine-learning methods
- Strong programming skills
- Hands-on experience in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience working with Databases, Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- Hand-on in analysis of various biological data (OMICS, medical data, etc)
- big-data architecture
- Hands-on in C or C++ or (other analogues language)
- High-level data structure design.
Seeking for a Computational chemist/ Structural Biologist to join our computational product management group that is responsible for developing cutting-edge computational technologies driving R&D in life-science field. Specifically, we’re looking for a product manager that will be responsible for the following activities:
- Translating key scientific questions into computational approaches
- Designing and managing the development of computational tools and resources driving R&D of innovative agro chemicals
- Verifying the predictive capabilities of newly developed computational tools
- Assessing and promoting the Evogene’s technological edge in the Ag-chemical arena
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Structural Biology, Computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in computer aided drug design, Chemo-informatics or related field.
- Basic programming skills & experience with modeling packages (e.g. Discovery Studio, Schrödinger, RDKit, Gromacs, various docking software, etc.)
- Ability to organize, coordinate and motivate others within the framework of an interdisciplinary project
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to simplify complex scientific and technological subjects for a non-scientist audience
Applicative microbiology aseptic work, culture and manage bacteria isolates of various properties using various techniques and fermentation methods.
Perform experiments involving bacteria and plants in the laboratory. Work with large bacteria collections, record data and summarize results. High throughput microbial experiments using automated system.
Required Academic Education:
- S.c or M.Sc. in Biology specialized in Microbiology;
- Experience in Microbial Ecology – advantage;
- Background in Plant Biology- advantage;
- Previous laboratory work experience of at least 2 years
Additional Requirements/ skills:
Highly responsible and well organized. Well experienced in working with information systems and office software.