- Overall responsibility for the operation and maintenance of Evogene’s facilities: offices, labs, field sites & greenhouse site, including electricity, water, plumbing, air conditioning, cooling rooms and fire extinguishing systems.
- Managing the Operation team and budget
- Managing a complex technical operation, providing a 24/7 response service for malfunction repair.
- Leading cross-company projects for improving infrastructure, equipment, systems, construction, etc.
- Responsibility for insurance procedures and security of company sites .
- Responsibility for contracts and agreements with sub-contractors, suppliers and municipal authorities.
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in managing similar operations.
- Experience from a similar organization, including lab operations, is an advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience in team management.
- Residence in the Rehovot area; 24/7 availability is required.
- Good technical understanding, initiative, very good communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are a fast developer and want to be part of Genomics software technology, Evogene is looking for you! Back-End Developer to work in close interaction within a team of software developers (BioInformatics), mainly Perl/python, on Linux operating systems and Oracle DB.
- Ability to understand programmers code: should be able to review developers implementation on any platform
- Good systemic view: should be able to understand the whole system, the architecture and interfaces between components, the business and product needs, etc
- Very seasoned in Perl/Python coding, Linux operating systems, Oracle DB, Apache Web server, Web application development
- Passion for code quality and improvement of the maintainability of the code base. Strong problem-solving ability experience with agile, test-driven software development and continuous integration.
- Provide creative solutions for data-related problems by mixing in house and open source technologies.
- Mentor other people in the group and other groups about best practices and guidelines related to the group’s responsibilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong team worker, good collaboration abilities
- Fast and flexible learner
- Manage: software installation and configurations frameworks (Devops like), GIT src control framework, CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous development) frameworks.
- Background in bioinformatics / chemoinformatics
- Hands-on experience as Application DBA in large systems using Oracle.
- Experience in SQL optimization
- NoSQL DBs (MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Familiarity with emerging cloud technologies and solutions (such as AWS and CGP).
- Seeking patents online and staying updated by scientific reading and landscape studies. Assessments of inventions potential/patentability, freedom to operate.
- Provide IP counseling to R&D and project units across the company.
- Manage IP portfolios, and interface outside counsel including patent application drafting, prosecution
- Presentation preparation
- Advanced academic background in life sciences.
- Strong Excel, Word and MS office knowledge.
- High Level of English – a must.
- Previous experience – a big advantage.
Detail oriented, strong communication skills, team player with high social skills.
Responsibility for the maintenance of Evogene’s greenhouse site near Kibbutz Naan.
Main responsibilities include:
Maintain the proper condition of the greenhouses, offices and grounds.
Examine and troubleshoot equipment, air conditioning systems, electricity, irrigation systems, etc.
Fix malfunctions in real time.
Manage and oversee subcontractors’ work.
This is a full-time position, Sunday to Thursday; 24/7 availability is required for handling malfunctions.
The position includes a company car.
At least 2 years maintenance experience.
Strong background in handling maintenance equipment and tools (electricity, water, air condoning, plumbing and machines).
Driver’s license is required.
Residence in the Rehovot area; 24/7 availability is required.
Independent work ability, very good communication and interpersonal skills.