Evogene is seeking an expert in Microbiology to join a dynamic and interdisciplinary research team developing Ag-Biological products for agriculture, using integration of computational microbiology approaches with advanced fermentation and formulation procedures.
Job includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and perform innovative research projects focusing on developing advanced fermentation and formulation procedures for target phylogenies.
- Responsible for microbial repository QA.
- Establish methodologies and regulate microbial laboratory isolates stocks management.
- M.Sc. in microbiology – obligatory. Proven expertise in various bacteriology procedures including aseptic work, microbial isolation, preservation, storage and fermentation – obligatory.
- Experience as a microbiologist in industry – advantage.
- Familiar with molecular identification of microorganisms – advantage.
- Experience in one of the following fields – Microbial Ecology, Plant Microbiome, Industrial Microbiology (fermentation/ formulation) – advantage.
The Ag-Seeds Department is seeking for a Project manager for a temporary term.
The Project Manager will be leading projects in a matrix structure, through the various stages of the project:
- Manage all client-company interfaces
- Lead cross-functional teams
- Drive project planning and timeline development, tracking progress of execution towards goals;
- Identify project risks and development of mitigation plans;
- Ensure project deliverables are client focused, results oriented, and in compliance with all applicable internal and external requirements;
- Build and manage project budget;
- Support business development activities
**Temporary position for 8 months as a maternity leave replacement, a longer term may be optional.
The candidate must hold a degree in the Life Sciences with a preference for Plant Science or interdisciplinary fields;
Experience of at least 2-3 years in managing complex processes and projects preferably in the biotech/pharmaceutical, including budget and project planning and execution experience;
Experience in managing internal interfaces in a matrix structured company.
Experience in leading projects for multinational clients is an advantage;
Experience in applying and/or developing advanced project management tools and methodologies is an advantage
Presentation and writing skills in Hebrew and English – a must!
Phytopathologist research for discovery and development of novel solutions for disease control in different crops adapted to the agricultural industry
The job entails:
- Deep understanding and evaluation of multidisciplinary omics data
- Holding an up-to-date scientific & technological knowledgebase
- Breeding knowledge
- Data analysis & documentation
- Presenting research to internal & external working groups
- Interfacing with a wide range of teams: computational developers; laboratory and agronomy teams; project managers; business development; consultants & business partners
- Doctorate or postdoctoral training in the field of phytopathology or microbiology – must
- Extensive knowledge in fungi/bacteria genetics, interaction with plants – must
- Breeding knowledge and/or experience – advantage
- Experience in plant protection of field crops – advantage
- Experience in the agricultural industry – advantage
- Training/experience in bioinformatics – advantage
- Excellent English – Ability to document, communicate and orally present information in English