Evogene is seeking for a Phytopathologist research for discovery and development of novel solutions for disease control in different crops adapted to the agricultural industry
The job entails:
- Deep understanding and evaluation of multidisciplinary omics data
- Holding an up-to-date scientific & technological knowledge base
- Breeding knowledge
- Data analysis & documentation
- Presenting research to internal & external working groups
- Interfacing with a wide range of teams: computational developers; laboratory and agronomy teams; project managers; business development; consultants & business partners
- Doctorate or postdoctoral training in the field of phytopathology or microbiology – must
- Extensive knowledge in fungi/bacteria genetics, interaction with plants – must
- Breeding knowledge and/or experience – advantage
- Experience in plant protection of field crops – advantage
- Experience in the agricultural industry – advantage
- Training/experience in bioinformatics – advantage
- Excellent English – Ability to document, communicate and orally present information in English
Evogene is seeking for a Researcher in the Ag-seed research team.
The position includes conducting research and managing all activities leading to trait improvement from discovery to early development.
The position involves working with a multi-disciplinary group (bioinformatics, molecular lab, transformation, and agronomy), handling of large range of scientific studies, managing research on different plant species populations, establishing research work-plans and accompanying their execution according to the set schedules.
- Geneticist holding a PhD in biology with background in additional fields of plant sciences is required;
- a post-doctoral complementary experience will be appreciated;
- Previous work experience in a bio-tech company – is an advantage;
- Previous experience working in a multi-disciplinary team – is an advantageRequired Skills;
- Good oral and written expression ability, both in English and in Hebrew
- Details & results-orientated individual, with great passion for scienceDemonstrated ability to innovate and work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic and multi-disciplinary organization
Evogene is seeking for a Microbiologist. The position includes applicative microbiology aseptic work, culture and manage bacteria isolates of various properties using various techniques. Perform experiments involving bacteria and plants in the laboratory. Work with large and diverse bacteria collections, record data and summarize results. Work in High Throughput methods using a robotic system.
Required Academic Education:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Biology specialized in Microbiology;
- Previous laboratory work experience in a biotech company – advantage.
- Molecular biology experience – advantage.
Additional Requirements/ skills:
Highly responsible and well organized. Well experienced in working with information systems and office software, Proficient in English (reading and writing)