Evogene is a leading computational biotechnology company developing novel products for life science markets through the use of a unique Computational Predictive Biology (‘CPB’) platform.
The ‘CPB’ platform has been designed for the in-silico prediction and prioritization of genes, microbes and small molecules based on multiple attributes that will be key to successful development and commercialization of novel life-science based products.
Successfully addressing these multiple product attributes at the beginning of the development process, ‘stage zero’, rather than one at a time, is expected to reduce the time and cost of product development, and much more importantly, increase the probability of a successful outcome.
Following such in-silico prediction and prioritization, the resulting candidates are experimentally validated in lab and greenhouse testing or other biological/chemical assays. Furthermore, the nature of the prediction/experimentation process results in the CPB’s accuracy continuously improving with each use.
The CPB platform is utilized to generate novel products in market segments with product development roadblocks that can be addressed by it. Today, the platform is implemented in three general life-science based markets: agriculture, human health and life-science based industrial applications.
In order to capture the value of the CPB platform we established a corporate structure where Evogene and the CPB platform are at the heart of all activities with a group of divisions and subsidiaries each focused in different life-science based markets that have exclusive access to the CPB platform for their field of activity, providing their main competitive advantage for their product development pipeline.
Currently, the subsidiaries and divisions include the following activities:
In the field of agriculture:
- AgPlenus Ltd., focusing on the development of novel herbicides and insecticides,
- Lavie-bio Ltd., focused on bio-stimulants and bio-pesticides and
- Ag-Seeds division, focusing on (a) insect control seed traits, (b) yield & abiotic stress and (c) disease resistance seed traits, the former two utilizing both GMO and non-GMO approaches.
In the human health field:
- Biomica Ltd., focused on developing therapeutics based on microbes and small molecules in the areas of immuno-oncology, multi drug resistant organisms and GI related disorders.
- Canonic Ltd., focusing on developing medical grade cannabis products through a plant genomic approach.
In the broad field of life-science based industrial markets:
- Casterra Ltd., formerly Evofuel, focused on the development an integrated ag-solution to address the growing global demand for stable castor oil supply.
The Company’s headquarters are located in Rehovot, Israel and is listed for trading on the NASDAQ (NASDAQ: EVGN) and on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: EVGN).