Evogene is is a leading biotechnology company developing novel products for life science markets through the use of a unique computational predictive biology platform.
In Agriculture, the Company currently focuses on three key target markets:
- Seeds – addressing essential seed traits such as: yield, environmental stresses and resistance to insects and diseases
- Ag-Chemicals (AgPlenus) – developing novel herbicides and insecticides
- Ag-Biologicals – developing a broad range of bio-stimulants & bio-pesticides
To reach its goals, Evogene established a unique computational predictive biology ‘CPB’ platform which relies on deep multi-disciplinary know how in biology and chemistry, combined with cutting edge computational technologies that allows the creation, integration and analysis of dedicated Big-Data for the purpose of systematic discoveries in our chosen areas of focus.
This unique technology has evolved over the last decade and has been enhanced during the years with technological advancements in Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning and Big Data, and allows Evogene to reveal genomic sequences for seed traits, small molecules for Ag-Chemicals and various bacteria for Ag-Biologicals.
Evogene’s business model is composed of independent or collaborative R&D with advanced development and commercialization conducted by our partners. Evogene currently has strategic collaborations and licensing agreements with world-leading agricultural companies, such as: BASF, Corteva, ICL, Monsanto and more.
Through its collaborations over the years with world-leading agricultural companies, Evogene has licensed genes, small molecules and microbes to partners under milestone and royalty bearing agreements.
Evogene has three subsidiaries focusing on agriculture, industry end-markets and pharma:
- AgPlenus – focusing on the design and development of effective and safe next generation agro-chemical products
- Evofuel – focused on the development and commercialization of castor seeds.
- Biomica – focused on the discovery and development of human microbiome-based therapeutics
The Company’s headquarters are located in Rehovot, Israel and is listed for trading on the NASDAQ (NASDAQ: EVGN) and on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: EVGN).